Sunday 10 February 2013

Short Review: Double Crossed by Ally Carter

Title: Double Crossed
Author: Ally Carter
Publisher: Disney Book Group
Publication Date: January 22nd, 2013
Page Count: 60
Buy The Book: Amazon | Barnes and Noble
Rating: 4.5/5


Synopsis

Macey McHenry—Glamorous society girl or spy-in-training?

W.W. Hale V—Heir to an American dynasty or master thief?

There are two sides to every coin. Whether these two can work together is a tossup.

Born into privilege, Macey and Hale are experts at mingling with the upper class. But even if they’ve never raised an eyebrow at the glitz, neither teenager has ever felt at home with the glamour.

When Macey and Hale meet at a society gala, the party takes a dangerous turn. Suddenly they’re at the center of a hostage situation, and it’s up to them to stop the thugs from becoming hostile. Will Macey’s spy skills and Hale’s con-man ways be enough to outsmart a ruthless gang? Or will they have to seek out the ultimate inside girl to help?



Favourite Quotes

“What are they after?” Kat asked.
“Hard to say,” Hale said; again, he eyed the room.
“Who is that?” Macey asked.
“The reason I wasn’t flirting with you,” Hale told her.”

  
Few Wild Words Quickie

This is just as awesome as any Ally Carter book!


My Thoughts

A crossover between Gallagher Girls and Heist Society. It was bound to be epic.

It sure was, it was short but still epic.

Ally Carter always manages to keep me turning page after page with her fast paced writing. There was not a point in DOUBLE CROSSED where I was willingly to stop reading or a point where I had gotten bored.

The world of spies and thieves was merged together perfectly, it didn't feel like two different book series. Everything just fell into place. The character interactions felt right and it made me smile to see how well everyone in the book came together.

The storyline was simple but still exciting, it allowed the two worlds to work together and highlighted what they both were best at. I savoured every chapter!

I would definitely love to read many more crossovers from Ally Carter, it was very much a fun read.


If you're a fan of either of the series in this crossover you should definitely get yourself a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when I see a comment appear on one of my posts, it makes my day. I read EVERY single one and I try to send the comment love back your way.