Wednesday 6 February 2013

Book To Film Adaptations {Early 2013}

I'm sorry I haven't been able to update my blog as often as I would have liked, I just escaped the torment of exams and studying so I'll try to be a better blogger! *fingers and toes crossed*


There are so many book to film adaptations hitting the big screen this year especially from the Young Adult section. This might be a few people's nightmares or it could be someones dream come true. Personally, I like watching how the book is interpreted on screen and especially the actor's portrayal of the characters.

BUT... 

If they butcher the storyline and have a cast who has less acting skills than the number zero there will definitely be a lot of face palms on my behalf and I will try to wipe the film from my memory. FOREVER. Then I can carry on loving the BOOK and pretend there was not any actual film.

However, I still get excited to watch a book being turned into a film. Some recent book to film adaptations that are being released very recently or have already been released include:

1. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion

I actually haven't read the book yet which I'm a bit ashamed of. I'm not a massive fan of books about zombies but the trailer looked really awesome so I'm planning to pick it up.

 

2. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

I'm actually really excited to see how this film turns out. I had mixed feelings about the book, I would say for quite some part of it the pace was really slow for me but I loved the ending. It was a love/dislike kind of relationship. I'm expecting some great things from the film.

 

3. The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Well all I can say is that I am crazy excited for this film and I will have the chance to admire Max Irons face throughout the film!


What film are looking forward to?
What kind of relationship do you have with book to film adaptations?

Leave me a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when I see a comment appear on one of my posts, it makes my day. I read EVERY single one and I try to send the comment love back your way.