Monday 28 May 2012

Review of Born At Midnight by C. C. Hunter


Book Title: Born at Midnight
Author: C. C. Hunter
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Publication Date: March 29, 2011
Page Count: 416


Synopsis

One night Kylie Galen finds herself at the wrong party, with the wrong people, and it changes her life forever. Her mother ships her off to Shadow Falls a camp for troubled teens, and within hours of arriving, it becomes painfully clear that her fellow campers aren’t just “troubled.” Here at Shadow Falls, vampires, werewolves, shapshifters, witches and fairies train side by side learning to harness their powers, control their magic and live in the normal world. Kylie’s never felt normal, but surely she doesn’t belong here with a bunch of paranormal freaks either. Or does she? They insist Kylie is one of them, and that she was brought here for a reason. As if life wasn’t complicated enough, enter Derek and Lucas. Derek’s a half-fae who’s determined to be her boyfriend, and Lucas is a smokin’ hot werewolf with whom Kylie shares a secret past. Both Derek and Lucas couldn’t be more different, but they both have a powerful hold on her heart. Even though Kylie feels deeply uncertain about everything, one thing is becoming painfully clear Shadow Falls is exactly where she belongs…

 

Favourite Quote



“I mean, if your about to tell me something like I'm dead, that i need to start acquiring a taste for blood, and I can't even eat sushi, I wont be able to handle it. Or if you're going to tell me that I'm going to start howling at the moon, eating peoples cats, and will spend the rest of my life having to get waxed if I want to wear a bathing suit, then I don't think I can handle it, either. I like cats and I tried waxing once, and that hurt like a son of a gun."  - Kylie


Word To Describe The Book

Gripping

My Thoughts

I don't know where to start with this book, it was definitely one wild read, born at midnight held my attention from the start till the end, not a dull moment to be found. All the different elements like the mystery, romance, action, adventure all contributed to make this a thrill packed book and definitely has you all over it (There are hot guys!)

Born at midnight seems to be a promising start to a series, the whole concept of having a camp with supernaturals drew me in, from the start there was a sense of mystery created as soon as you meet the main character Kylie, there was an unlimited amount of mystery with various different of characters which presented a depth to them making them more interesting.

I had mixed feelings about the main character, one minute I wanted to hug her, the next minute I wanted to bang my head against a table, but I didn't mind that she inflicted so many emotions in me because she was strong headed and didn't easily surrender. There were points where the decisions she make are rather rash but I always managed to forgive her.

I want to put it out there that there is a LOVE TRIANGLE! I know many people feel differently about it, in this case I was feeling sorry for Kylie because her choices were hard especially as both guys are yummy. The story develops well, there wasn't a point where the pace was too slow, the author manages to keep the reader on their toes throughout which I loved about this book. I'm definitely going to pick up the next book because I really like the direction it's headed in and can't wait to carry on Kylie's adventure even if it includes more head bashing!

Pick the book up and give it a chance, you'll probably enjoy it as much I did!

Rating:
★★★★★

Buy The Book:
Amazon Paperback
Barnes and Noble

Next Book:
Awake at Dawn














No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when I see a comment appear on one of my posts, it makes my day. I read EVERY single one and I try to send the comment love back your way.