Thursday 7 February 2013

Review: Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson

Title: Edenbrooke
Author: Julianne Donaldson
Publisher: Shadow Mountain
Publication Date: March 27th, 2012
Page Count: 264
Buy The Book: Amazon | Barnes and Noble
Rating: 5/5

Synopsis

Marianne Daventry will do anything to escape the boredom of Bath and the amorous attentions of an unwanted suitor. So when an invitation arrives from her twin sister, Cecily, to join her at a sprawling country estate, she jumps at the chance. Thinking she’ll be able to relax and enjoy her beloved English countryside while her sister snags the handsome heir of Edenbrooke, Marianne finds that even the best laid plans can go awry.

From a terrifying run-in with a highwayman to a seemingly harmless flirtation, Marianne finds herself embroiled in an unexpected adventure filled with enough romance and intrigue to keep her mind racing. Will she be able to rein in her traitorous heart, or will a mysterious stranger sweep her off her feet? Fate had something other than a relaxing summer in mind when it sent Marianne to Edenbrooke.


Favourite Quotes

“I did not want Philip—that handsome, incorrigible, charming tease who stole hearts he had no intention of keeping.” 

“If I leaned toward him, something would happen. I was sure of it. But if I leaned away, nothing would happen. So I stayed perfectly still, balanced between something and nothing, not knowing which way I wanted to fall.” 

Few Wild Words Quickie

Beautiful and made me smile goofily.
 
My Thoughts

I'm still in the process of swooning over this book.

Edenbrooke was a beautiful and heart warming read. I can only describe the book as being BEAUTIFUL in so many ways.

“My heart swelled until I felt as if it might take over my entire being. I had landed in heaven. This was heaven.”


Everything about Edenbrooke was heaven. You are bound to fall in love with the many characters in the book, they all have their own distinct personality that made you either love them or resent them. Either way the author knew how to evoke emotions from the reader by hurling you into the emotional rollercoaster of the characters.

Coming onto Marianne Daventry and Philip Wyndham...

There was something so precious and heart pulling about their relationship. There were many moments where I was smiling goofily at the smallest developments in their relationships. They both were special in the sense that you could really see them grow togther throughout the book.

By the end of the book I was in need of tissues to wipe away stray tears of happiness.

The author was able to pull me straight into the Regency Era and highlight the
beauty of the setting. The storyline kept me hooked throughout, the small plot twists here and there and arising tension had me thinking about the book all throughout the night.

(This included thoughts about Philip Wyndham)

I can very surely say that I would willingly to read any other books Julianne Donaldson writes!

Links

Julianne Donaldson's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when I see a comment appear on one of my posts, it makes my day. I read EVERY single one and I try to send the comment love back your way.