Wednesday 5 December 2012

My Book Boyfriend #10 {Philip Wyndham}


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme hosted by Missie @ The Unread Reader and Lesley @ My Keeper Shelf. This meme is one of my favourites because it gives me the chance to show off some of the many awesome book boyfriends there are out there. 
 
I started reading Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson about a week ago and I am thoroughly enjoying it so far, I have a feeling that I may end up sheding a few tears of happiness at the end of the book. I have recently rediscovered my love for Historical fiction after a long time. I can't wait to continue to explore the genre, if you have any recommendations I would love to know.
 
Now moving onto the book boyfriend I have chosen this week!
 
I present to you...
 
Philip Wyndham
 
- Most definitely a charming gentleman
- Totally swoon worthy character
- Ever so romantic
- Loyal
- Honest
- Handsome
- I MEAN REALLY HANDSOME, THE TYPE THAT DRIVES YOU CRAZY HANDSOME!
 
When I was choosing quotes to add I kind of had my eyes half shut because I didn't want to read the quotes that appear later on in the book just yet. I did sneak a peek at some and I had to fan myself ever so slightly because of how perfect some of them were.
 
Quotes:
 
“Isn't that what a gentleman does? Rescues a damsel in distress?”
 
“Did you need something?' I asked.
'Yes,' he said, reaching out and taking my hand. My heart thumped hard at his touch. I told myself I should pull my hand away, but I couldn't make myself do it.
'What did you need?' My voice was little more than a whisper.
'Your smile. I haven't seen it all day.”

 
“To my unsuspecting love.
When I look into your eyes, I lose all sense of time and place. Reason robbed, clear thought erased, I am lost in the paradise I find within your gaze.
I long to touch your blushing cheek, to whisper in your ear how I adore you, how I have lost my heart to you, how I cannot bear the thought of living without you.
To be so near to you without touching you is agony. Your blindness to my feelings is a daily torment, and I feel driven to the edge of madness by my love for you.
Where is your compassion when I need it most? Open your eyes , Love, and see what is right before you: that I am not merely a friend, but a man deeply, desperately , in love with you.
Longing for you.” 

 
Just admit you swooned reading at least one of those quotes!
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I definitely swooned while reading those quotes! Philip makes me want to pick up the nearest historical romance and dive right in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love an occasional historical romance with a swoon worthy hero, Philip sounds absolutely to die for, great choice Tasnim!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when I see a comment appear on one of my posts, it makes my day. I read EVERY single one and I try to send the comment love back your way.