Tuesday 3 July 2012

Review of Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Book Title: Hallowed
Author: Cynthia Hand
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication Date: January 17th 2012
Page Count: 320
Buy The Book: Amazon | Barnes and Noble


Synopsis

For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose—the task she was put on earth to accomplish—is not as straightforward as she thought. Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire. And, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.

Favourite Quotes:

“Our purpose on this earth is not one single event, an accomplishment we can check off a list. There is no test. No passing or failing. There's only us, each moment shaping who we are, into what we will become.” 


“I'll never forget the way he tastes. It's not anything I can describe, a little sweet and a whole lot of spice, and it feels, in that moment, absolutely right.” 


Words To Describe The Book:

Emotional


My Thoughts:

HALLOWED was a strongly emotional book which captured me both as a reader as well as rooting itself deep in my emotions.

HALLOWED carry's on not long after where UNEARTHLY ends. Clara seems to be burdened with more obstacles and issues which she has to conquer in this book. You really see some relationships blossom strongly in this book especially Clara and her mother's, their bond is not like what you see in most YA books where the main character seems to not connect well with their parents, but this book shows otherwise. You also get a deeper insight into characters that were only touched upon in UNEARTHLY, the author gives each character a story which presents them with depth and mystery.

Cynthia Hand created an emotional hold between me and the book by vividly describing the feelings of other characters. For me there seemed to be a sad vibe throughout the book and I continuously was able to feel the sorrow which Clara felt. While reading UNEARTHLY I had moments where I had been like where is this meant to lead? How is this going to work out?  So many secrets begin to unfold as the book progresses which answers many unanswered questions, but at the end of the book I was left with just as many questions.

When I came to the end of the book I felt an urge to go into hibernation so I could wait for the next book to come out. I have no idea where the next book will lead Clara but there are so many paths and routes this story could go. I'll just have to survive until the next book comes out!

Rating:

4.5/5

Other Books In The Series:

Unearthly #1: Review | Amazon
Boundless #3: Not Released

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when I see a comment appear on one of my posts, it makes my day. I read EVERY single one and I try to send the comment love back your way.