Friday 13 April 2012

TGIF (2) - Musically Inspired


Yo there,

TGIF is a weekly feature
created and hosted by the awesome Ginger at GReads
that re-caps the week’s posts and
has a different question each week.
This Friday's Question:


Musical Stories: If you could read a book about any song,
which song would you love to see written down in story form?

1. Caroline County - Kiss me or not


This is actually a cover of a song which is originally performed by Thompson Square but I actually prefer this version. From the moment I heard this song it immediately played out scenarios in the head, I could literally imagine this romantic story unfolding verse by verse.

We were sittin' up there on your momma's roof
Talkin' 'bout everything under the moon
With the smell of honeysuckle and your perfume
All I could think about was my next move

Oh, but you were so shy, so was I
Maybe that's why it was so hard to believe
When you smiled and said to me
"Are you gonna kiss me or not?

Are we gonna do this or what?
I think you know I like you a lot
But you're 'bout to miss your shot
Are you gonna kiss me or not?"


2. Birdy - Just A Game


The song is from The Hunger Games soundtrack and really beautiful. Birdy has a hauntingly amazing voice, the lyrics carry such a dark meaning that would be great in book form.

I don't know where I am
I don't know this place
Don’t recognize anybody
Just the same old empty face
See these people they lie, and I don’t know
Who to believe anymore
But there comes you to keep me safe from harm
There comes you to take me in your arms
Is it just a game? I don’t know
Is it just a game? I don’t know

3. Demi Lovato - Catch me


This would be another fantastic love story, I can imagine a relationship where the girl may find it hard to trust people or get close to them because she knows everyone leaves, but then she could meet a guy who changes all that. It would be wonderful book which you could read during a summer's day.

Before I fall too fast
Kiss me quick
But make it last
So i can see how badly this will hurt me
When you say good bye

Keep it sweet
Keep it slow
Let the future pass
And don't let go
But tonight i could fall to soon under this beautiful moonlight

But you're so hypnotizing
You got me laughing while i sing
You got me smiling in my sleep
And I can see this unraveling
And your love is where im falling
But please don't catch me

Others

  • I can gurantee any Taylor Swift song would be an amazing story.
  • Paramore - Monster
  • You Me At Six - Fireworks
  • Within Temptation - All I need
This list could go on forever, I could write down every song I've ever heard (but I won't do that) they would all make fabulous books!

If you could choose a song to be in written in book form what would it be?
I would love to know about your choices, maybe even leave a link with your TGIF!

Tia x


3 comments:

  1. I love the Hunger Games soundtrack it has so many amazing songs on it, but Birdy's is one of my favs. I love her cover of "Skinny Love" so much. I wanted to choose it but changed my mind because she didn't actually write it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooow Just a game is a fabulous song!!! I'm adding it to my playlist! Great choices :)

    xo,
    La Toya (La Toya, Literally)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 songs! Wow that is so cool. I love them all. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when I see a comment appear on one of my posts, it makes my day. I read EVERY single one and I try to send the comment love back your way.