Saturday 7 April 2012

Review of Heist Society by Ally Carter


Yo there!

Publication Date: February 9, 2010
Page Count: 287

Synopsis:

When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her to the Louvre...to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria...to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own--scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving "the life" for a normal life proves harder than she'd expected.
Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring her back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has good reason: a powerful mobster's art collection has been stolen, and he wants it returned. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat’s father isn’t just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat’s dad needs her help.
For Kat there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it’s a spectacularly impossible job? She’s got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family’s (very crooked) history--and, with any luck, steal her life back along the way.


Favourite Quote:

“It is an occupational hazard that anyone who has spent her life learning how to lie eventually becomes bad at telling the truth.”



Words To Describe The Book:
Fast Paced


My Thoughts:
This book was fast paced and just as well written as Ally Carter's other series Gallagher Girls. The storyline was new and different to me as I haven't read a Heist storyline before and I have to say it left me with a good impression. There was the whole element of mystery running through a great expanse of the book which keeps you on your feet throughout the book.

I felt sympathy for the main character Kat because I felt she was being frowned upon by others for trying to get away from the family business and trying to set up a normal life. But even though she had tried to come away from that life she still ends up being dragged into it. She shows sacrifice and determination as she does her best to protect the ones she loves even if it means taking on a big challenge.

Then there's the mystery of W.W.Hale's first name, I have no idea why I am so intrigued to know what his name is but his background carries a mystery of it's own too. Then there's the friendship between Kat and Hale which seems to be developing into something more which is never fully established in the book but has the reader needing to read the other books to find out more about it and how it progresses.

Did I like the book? Absolutely, Ally Carter always has an adventure to take the reader on and this series seems promising. The only point I wanted to make was that I felt there was something missing  in the writing to bring the book to life in the way Ally Carter does for the Gallagher Girls series. I definitely recommend this book to others and I can't wait to get my hands on the next book!





Rating
★★★★

Let me know if you've read the book aswell and your thoughts on it, you can also leave a link with your review I would love to read it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when I see a comment appear on one of my posts, it makes my day. I read EVERY single one and I try to send the comment love back your way.